Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> On campus or off campus housing?

On campus or off campus housing?
What's better on campus or off campus housing?
On campus [ 6 ] ** [85.71%]
Off campus [ 1 ] ** [14.29%]
Total Votes: 7
Guests cannot vote 
JessChy
post Apr 24 2012, 06:07 PM
Post #1 

• Group: Members
  • Member No.: 40,611

I'm doing a year exchange at buffalo state and am just wondering if it's better to live on campus or off campus.
Go to the top of the page
+Reply
Student Ambassad...
post Apr 27 2012, 11:26 AM
Post #2 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 34,425

QUOTE (JessChy @ Apr 24 2012, 07:07 PM) *
I'm doing a year exchange at buffalo state and am just wondering if it's better to live on campus or off campus.

I would say it's better to live on campus. I came to Buff State from a local high shool and I could have been a commuter or live in an off-campus apartment, but I decided to try living on campus. I loved it, and still do. I'm a lot closer to events on campus (some of which happen in the evening) and I met some of my best friends. I don't think I would have had the ability to connect with other people had I lived in an off-campus apartment. You get to know your neighbors and other people in your building, and it's really easy to meet people who might be in your classes or major. There are advantages to living off campus, like being able to have pets, not having to worry about signing in guests, or quiet hours, but if you're coming for just a year-long exchange, I suggest living on campus. There's a lot of support and connections on campus to take advantage of. That all being said, unless you have a friend in mind that you were going to live with off campus, I'd try and be a resident for a year, I think you'll like it. smile.gif

~Kelly
Student Ambassador
+Reply
Student Ambassad...
post Sep 21 2012, 11:56 AM
Post #3 

• Advanced Member

I agree with Kelly, this will be my 3rd year living on campus and I love being able to connect with other students and attend on on campus events in the evenings. Living on campus is much better than being off campus, because I feel like I am more connected to the college community. Nevertheless, you should really think it over and get more feedback about it from other people, so you will be making the right decision for yourself.
-Lasasha
Student Ambassador.
+Reply
Student Ambassad...
post Oct 26 2012, 09:33 AM
Post #4 

• Advanced Member

QUOTE (JessChy @ Apr 24 2012, 07:07 PM) *

I would say living on campus is your best option. I considered living off campus last year and it didn't make sense. I don't have a car and I didn't want to loose touch with the Buffalo State Community. Living on campus you get to be close to your classes, interact with students on a constant basis, and always be updated about things on campus. There is also cosntant security and the people that live around you have similar goals so you have more to communicate about. If you are really debating which is best for you, make a pros and cons list and also a proprity list of things you need as a resident-on and off campus. Good luck!
-Melissa
Student Ambassador
+Reply

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th November 2014 - 05:54 AM