Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Transcript!!! URGENT

Lola
post Apr 23 2012, 08:27 PM
Post #1 

• Group: Members
  • Member No.: 40,189

Hi, I am transferring to Buffalo State for the fall 2012, I previously went to a college in Virginia and they won't release my transcript due to the fact that I owe them money. Anyways I transfer to Mercy College and didn't transfer any credits since I just wanted to start all over just with a high school transcript. My application says that they need my transcript from Virginia, but I don't want to transfer any credits from Virginia just from Mercy College. Is it mandatory that I do even though I don't want to transfer any credits? Please if anyone can get back to me with answers.
Go to the top of the page
+Reply
Lola
post Apr 23 2012, 08:51 PM
Post #2 

also about this, like I said previously I owe money to the college in Virginia and they won't release my transcript because of that. I also don't want to transfer the credits from that college just the one I am attending now, do I have to send it in?
+Reply
Admissions Advis...
post Apr 24 2012, 08:09 AM
Post #3 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 7

QUOTE (Lola @ Apr 23 2012, 08:27 PM) *
Hi, I am transferring to Buffalo State for the fall 2012, I previously went to a college in Virginia and they won't release my transcript due to the fact that I owe them money. Anyways I transfer to Mercy College and didn't transfer any credits since I just wanted to start all over just with a high school transcript. My application says that they need my transcript from Virginia, but I don't want to transfer any credits from Virginia just from Mercy College. Is it mandatory that I do even though I don't want to transfer any credits? Please if anyone can get back to me with answers.

Unfortunately we can not make a decision on your application for admission unless we have all official transcripts. You are a transfer student as soon as you take courses post high school graduation. Those transcripts are needed for an admission decision. Until we receive your official transcripts, your application will be put on hold.

Sincerely your Buffalo State Admissions Counselor
+Reply
Lola
post Apr 24 2012, 10:56 AM
Post #4 

Why? I'm still transferring credits from another college just not that one
+Reply
Admissions Advis...
post Apr 27 2012, 09:26 AM
Post #5 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 7

QUOTE (Lola @ Apr 24 2012, 10:56 AM) *
Why? I'm still transferring credits from another college just not that one

Part of the reason our policy requires all official transcripts is make sure you do not owe money to another institution.
This is a SUNY policy and is listed on the SUNY.edu application site:
"Academic transcripts are required for all colleges you have attended, even if you did not receive credit. Transcripts should be sent directly to the colleges to which you are applying."

Sincerely your Buffalo State Admissions Counselor
+Reply

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 02:53 AM