Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FIT program, Business Economics minor, business electives

jamiegut
post Apr 22 2012, 11:32 AM
Post #1 

• Group: Members
  • Member No.: 40,341

I am a transfer student entering the Fashion and Textile Technology program at the start of the fall semester. My interest in study is currently leaning more towards business management, and I am looking for ways to implement this into my course schedule. I see that there is a minor in business economics. Is it possible to apply for this minor while in the FIT program? I know the Fashion program requires a concentration, so i am unsure if it is possible to enroll in a minor as well. I know the concentration choices include Fashion Merchandising, however I am wondering how relevant this program would be in the field of business administration in industries other than fashion. I would also be open to taking a few business courses/ electives that do not add up to a degree. Are courses such as BUS 313 Managerial Accounting and BUS 360 Principles of Management major-only courses, or are they open to all majors? Thank you! rolleyes.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Reply
Admissions Advis...
post Apr 24 2012, 08:11 AM
Post #2 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 7

QUOTE (jamiegut @ Apr 22 2012, 11:32 AM) *
I am a transfer student entering the Fashion and Textile Technology program at the start of the fall semester. My interest in study is currently leaning more towards business management, and I am looking for ways to implement this into my course schedule. I see that there is a minor in business economics. Is it possible to apply for this minor while in the FIT program? I know the Fashion program requires a concentration, so i am unsure if it is possible to enroll in a minor as well. I know the concentration choices include Fashion Merchandising, however I am wondering how relevant this program would be in the field of business administration in industries other than fashion. I would also be open to taking a few business courses/ electives that do not add up to a degree. Are courses such as BUS 313 Managerial Accounting and BUS 360 Principles of Management major-only courses, or are they open to all majors? Thank you! rolleyes.gif

I would recommend speaking to your academic advisor, who comes from the department you were accepted into. Even if you plan to change your program, they should be able to assist you with these answers.

Sincerely your Buffalo State Admissions Counselor
Go to the top of the page
+Reply

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 08:42 AM