Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> hotels in safe areas near campus

mareacsh
post Aug 3 2011, 07:46 PM
Post #1 

• Group: Members
  • Member No.: 19,328

Where are the safest area hotels near campus?
Go to the top of the page
+Reply
Chrissy K
post Aug 4 2011, 08:11 AM
Post #2 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Super Mods
  • Member No.: 14,431

On the City Guide there is a list of area hotels and the distance they are away from campus. From glancing them over, none of them listed are in a bad area. The Adam's Mark is where many students were housed instead of dorms while they were building the new dorms but it is downtown so it is not that close to campus. I've never stayed at any of these but your best bet might be the Best Western on the Avenue because it is closer to campus (2.5 miles away) and on Delaware, which is one of the main roads of the city and well-patrolled by police, well-lit, etc. There is a link to each hotel's website if you click on the names so I'm sure you can find more information that way.
+Reply
mareacsh
post Aug 4 2011, 03:52 PM
Post #3 

What do you think about the Hampton Inn on Ridge Road in West Seneca? We are trying to stay out of the city and this one says suburbs. We do not want to stay downtown because our vehicle will be packed with her college stuff and we have heard of break ins to vehicles in the downtown hotels. There is also a Hampton Inn at the airport - is that a good area?
+Reply
fritter
post Aug 4 2011, 08:24 PM
Post #4 

• Advanced Member
  • Member No.: 4,334

where are you driving up from? If you are coming east of buffalo staying in west seneca is about 20 minutes past the campus, so your best bet would be to stay somewhere in cheektowaga or amherst
+Reply
mareacsh
post Aug 5 2011, 06:40 AM
Post #5 

QUOTE (fritter @ Aug 4 2011, 09:24 PM) *
where are you driving up from? If you are coming east of buffalo staying in west seneca is about 20 minutes past the campus, so your best bet would be to stay somewhere in cheektowaga or amherst

I found a microtel in Tonowanda - is that a safe area - it is across the street from a golf course - in between the golf course and 290? I am mostly worried about the van getting broken into and also trying to stay within our budget.
+Reply
fritter
post Aug 5 2011, 02:26 PM
Post #6 

• Advanced Member
  • Member No.: 4,334

i wouldnt be too worried about getting your car broken into during this time of the year. Buffalo is a big college city so I wouldnt be surprised if you didnt run into other parents moving their kids into dorms at the same time.
+Reply
Chrissy K
post Aug 10 2011, 12:48 PM
Post #7 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Super Mods
  • Member No.: 14,431

Ridge Road in West Seneca is not a good area. I would go with the one near the airport (this is in Cheektowaga) or the one in Tonawanda... either of those would be a lot safer.
+Reply
Buffalomom
post Aug 11 2011, 10:34 AM
Post #8 

• Advanced Member
  • Member No.: 13,935

We've stayed in Buffalo several times. We've stayed at the following hotels.

Adams's Mark: 3 times.....This is in the downtown business section of Buffalo the college actually uses this hotel as a dorm because they don't have enough dorm space. Take a look at other posts you'll read about it.

This is an okay hotel it's very large about 10-15 minutes from campus. We've had their buffet breakfast which was okay little pricy. We've had drinks at the bar..... I won't do that again guy couldn't make a decent Cosmo.

They have wifi in the rooms I had to call last time for them to help me get connected.

They seem to have upgraded it a bit from the first time we were there. I seem to remember them NOT HAVING A REFRIGERATOR in the room. Now they do.

They have 2 public computers in the lobby which are always in use.
They charge you $10 a day to park your car in their parking lot. (They didn't do that the first time we stayed there)
There is a really nice restaurant/grill across the street that I can't wait to go back to.
If you google the hotel you can read the reviews. Some of them are not so good.
But for 1 night and a place to sleep it's fine.
Don't pay over $85 to stay a night search online for good rate

DOUBLETREE Hotel. We stayed here once. Small hotel. This is in a strange part of town. very isolated. There is a hospital across the street. The rooms are much nicer then Adam's mark. Microwave / refrigerator/ coffee maker. They give you 2 warm chocolate chip cookies when you check in.

What I don't really like is you don't park your car they do and you have to call them in advance when you want it so they can get it for you. I guess you would consider it valet parking but since the front of the hotel is so small you can only get about 6 cars there at one time.
There isn't anything nearby that I can remember. Again this is a one night thing for us so as long as I can sleep well I'm happy.

Hope this helps
+Reply
Buffalomom
post Aug 15 2011, 09:10 AM
Post #9 

• Advanced Member
  • Member No.: 13,935

Well forget what i said about not paying more then $85 for a room. We just had to pay $127 for a room. Probably because it's a Saturday night.
+Reply

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2014 - 09:06 PM