Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dropping a Class

Cardarma01
post Sep 29 2010, 06:30 PM
Post #1 

• Group: Members
  • Member No.: 15,007

I was in a pretty serious car accident in the beginning of September, thus I had to miss about 3 weeks worth of a MWF class.. it's a foreign language class so basically the chances of me coming back and learning the language is very slim, if not, none. I also found out that I will have to be going to physical therapy at the same time as the class every monday and friday, thus missing even more class. I was planning on withdrawing from the class, but I am currently registered at only 12 credit hours.. and if I withdraw I go down to 9.. thus "technically" going down to part-time. I know drop/add period is over but if I withdrew from the class and went down to part time, what would happen with my financial aid even though everything has already gone through?

Thank you for your prompt attention to this emergency situation.
Go to the top of the page
+Reply
Amerosa
post Sep 29 2010, 08:37 PM
Post #2 

• Advanced Member
  • Member No.: 12,689

Is this your first semester at Buffalo State? Your best bet would to be to put pass - fail on it and try to make it work, if not it won't affect your GPA, you still keep the hours and you will just have to retake it for the credits.
+Reply
FINAIDADM
post Sep 30 2010, 07:36 AM
Post #3 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 203

QUOTE (Cardarma01 @ Sep 29 2010, 07:30 PM) *
I was in a pretty serious car accident in the beginning of September, thus I had to miss about 3 weeks worth of a MWF class.. it's a foreign language class so basically the chances of me coming back and learning the language is very slim, if not, none. I also found out that I will have to be going to physical therapy at the same time as the class every monday and friday, thus missing even more class. I was planning on withdrawing from the class, but I am currently registered at only 12 credit hours.. and if I withdraw I go down to 9.. thus "technically" going down to part-time. I know drop/add period is over but if I withdrew from the class and went down to part time, what would happen with my financial aid even though everything has already gone through?

Thank you for your prompt attention to this emergency situation.

Since we are beyond 100% liability, you will not lose your financial aid in the fall. It may hurt your satisfactory academic progress in the spring for financial aid. If you have an issue (we will not know until late December after the fall grades are posted), you can meet with the Academic Standards office to determine if you are eligible to receive a waiver. In most cases, if you can provide documents that support your claim, you will be fine.

Financial Aid
+Reply
Cardarma01
post Sep 30 2010, 08:11 AM
Post #4 

• Member No.: 15,007

QUOTE (FINAIDADM @ Sep 30 2010, 07:36 AM) *
Since we are beyond 100% liability, you will not lose your financial aid in the fall. It may hurt your satisfactory academic progress in the spring for financial aid. If you have an issue (we will not know until late December after the fall grades are posted), you can meet with the Academic Standards office to determine if you are eligible to receive a waiver. In most cases, if you can provide documents that support your claim, you will be fine.

Financial Aid

Thank you so much!!!
+Reply

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 05:08 PM