Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rooms open at Nickel-City Housing Co-operative, Making Buffalo a better place through cooperative living since 2001

Wolverine
post Apr 7 2010, 12:27 PM
Post #1 

• Group: Members
  • Member No.: 15,178

Two houses located within biking distance of Buffalo State college and downtown Buffalo, both with rooms open for rent.

Cooperative living involves strong inter-personal relationships and responsibility and activism within the community. House chores are distributed between members, house decisions are made via a democratic process at weekly meetings. Friendly, open and understanding evironment with plenty to learn from diverse and interesting housemates.

Houses are located at 208 North street (Old Wondermoth) and 126 Fargo (Plankton) street in Buffalo, New York 14201.
The website for Nickel City co-op is www.nickelcitycoop.org and the E-mail is membership@nickelcitycoop.org. The phone number for Old Wondermoth, the house on North street, is (716)882-6003.

Tenants are required to sign a lease, pay a membershare to vote in house decisions, and a utilites bill which includes electricity, heat, water, phone (if required), internet, and bulk food that the house buys.

There is a potluck every wednesday night at 7 PM at the house on North street. Please stop by, get a tour of the house and see what we're all about.

-Clinton Parker
Go to the top of the page
+Reply
Chrissy K
post Apr 7 2010, 08:51 PM
Post #2 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Super Mods
  • Member No.: 14,431

This sounds great... I really like the idea of voting about house decisions. I had some problems with roommates in a house I was living in last year and something like this would have been much preferred. Luckily I have a better situation this year... I actually just signed a lease to stay here or else I would definitely check this out!
Go to the top of the page
+Reply

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2014 - 08:09 AM