Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rooming in Perry once again :(

Ariana
post Jan 9 2008, 09:20 PM
Post #1 

• Group: Members
  • Member No.: 5,663

Last semester was my first semester at Buffalo State. Unfortunately due to a death in the family, I had to take a medical leave. I am coming back for the Spring 2008 semester. I was placed in Perry much to my dismay. Before I had to leave school, I lived in Perry and hated it. I requested Neumann because most of my friends live there and I liked that dorm hall way better. But they put me in Perry again and I feel like crying! I called Residence Life and they told me that I'm in Room 320 but they couldn't tell me who my roommate was since it has not yet been posted on the Buff State website yet. Can someone from ResLife tell me who my roommate is. Also, I pray to God that I am not in a triple again this semester because they also caused an enormous amount of stress while I was there and another reason why I left before the semester ended. Please help! My name is Ariana Guzman. I was assigned to Perry Hall Room 320. Can you e-mail me the name of my roommate instead of posting it here? Thanks! My e-mail address is guzmal68@mail.buffalostate.edu. unsure.gif [color="#9932CC"][/color]
Go to the top of the page
+Reply
JAM
post Jan 10 2008, 08:28 PM
Post #2 

• Advanced Member
  • Member No.: 1,177

this is buff state, not the hilton hotel. also, annoying font choice.
+Reply
Ariana
post Jan 11 2008, 03:33 PM
Post #3 

• Member No.: 5,663

QUOTE (JAM @ Jan 10 2008, 09:28 PM) *

Well, if its so annoying, don't read it. Besides I don't have to explain to you how irritating it was being in with two roommates in a room meant for 2. [font="Comic Sans MS"][/font]
+Reply
mathgeni
post Jan 11 2008, 04:12 PM
Post #4 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Super Mods
  • Member No.: 1,009

QUOTE (Ariana @ Jan 9 2008, 09:20 PM) *
Last semester was my first semester at Buffalo State. Unfortunately due to a death in the family, I had to take a medical leave. I am coming back for the Spring 2008 semester. I was placed in Perry much to my dismay. Before I had to leave school, I lived in Perry and hated it. I requested Neumann because most of my friends live there and I liked that dorm hall way better. But they put me in Perry again and I feel like crying! I called Residence Life and they told me that I'm in Room 320 but they couldn't tell me who my roommate was since it has not yet been posted on the Buff State website yet. Can someone from ResLife tell me who my roommate is. Also, I pray to God that I am not in a triple again this semester because they also caused an enormous amount of stress while I was there and another reason why I left before the semester ended. Please help! My name is Ariana Guzman. I was assigned to Perry Hall Room 320. Can you e-mail me the name of my roommate instead of posting it here? Thanks! My e-mail address is guzmal68@mail.buffalostate.edu. unsure.gif [color="#9932CC"][/color]

As you are coming back midyear there may not be any empty space in neumann so you get placed where there is space available. I highly doubt you will be placed in a triple when coming back midyear as there are more people who decide for some reason not to continue with school than there are who enter midyear so people are able to get out of triples as well.

And your roommate is likely to be someone who was in that room last semester so you may be able to find out who it is on facebook or by asking people you know who lived in that building last semester.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson
+Reply
paulk
post Jan 11 2008, 04:52 PM
Post #5 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Admin
  • Member No.: 182

QUOTE (JAM @ Jan 10 2008, 08:28 PM) *

Maybe not, but she should still be able to live someplace she prefers. And voice that feeling without getting jumped on.

And the font? Different strokes for different folks.
+Reply
WillieBounce
post Sep 12 2008, 12:12 AM
Post #6 

• Advanced Member
  • Member No.: 922

It seems like everytime someone requests neumann they get put in perry and vise versa. The school did this to a number of people awhile ago.
+Reply
Amerosa
post Sep 12 2008, 12:22 AM
Post #7 

• Advanced Member
  • Member No.: 12,689

QUOTE (WillieBounce @ Sep 12 2008, 01:12 AM) *
It seems like everytime someone requests neumann they get put in perry and vise versa. The school did this to a number of people awhile ago.

Its a little late and we just had our RAs call a floor meeting and complain about us being too loud after quiet hours or id go check. Im in 332 in perry hall, most of us are in triples and are unhappy about it. Lack of space, lack of privacy, and lack of the guaranteed "comfortable living" that was told to us when we asked about living on campus.

Only good thing is when you confront residence life, they will take $677 off your bill, which is 25% of what you'd normally pay. It however isnt enough, normally in a double room each person pays a little under $2700. Just to make things simple, that would be $5400 a semester for a room. Now with three people, divide that by three instead of two which would equal $1800 each. Buffalo State College is recieving $200 extra from each person forced into a triple, or roughly 8% extra.

Just some things to think about before you go to sleep.
+Reply

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 07:27 PM