Reply to this topicStart new topic
> frustrated.....

jifeqwik
post Aug 10 2006, 09:34 AM
Post #1 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 103

i still have not been assigned to a room.

with move in day just over two weeks away, i'm getting a little stressed out and frustrated over this.

what frustrates me more than anything else is that it's telling me that it's because no transfer students have been assigned yet, while many of the transfer students on here had their assignment last week.

sorry, i just feel the need to gripe about this.
Go to the top of the page
+Reply
karebear9784
post Aug 10 2006, 11:09 AM
Post #2 

• Advanced Member
  • Member No.: 599

QUOTE (jifeqwik @ Aug 10 2006, 10:34 AM) *
i still have not been assigned to a room.

with move in day just over two weeks away, i'm getting a little stressed out and frustrated over this.

what frustrates me more than anything else is that it's telling me that it's because no transfer students have been assigned yet, while many of the transfer students on here had their assignment last week.

sorry, i just feel the need to gripe about this.

Trasnfer assignments have been made. I got mine last week and have already talked to my roomate. Did you apply for housing late? Don't worry if you are registered full time, live outside the 30 mile radius, and sent your forms with the $100 deposit than you are guaranteed a room.
+Reply
post Aug 10 2006, 11:15 AM
Post #3 

• Advanced Member
  • Member No.: 662

Have you tried looking up your information on the website? If not, just try it: http://bscintra.buffalostate.edu/rhino/
+Reply
hobomatt
post Aug 10 2006, 12:10 PM
Post #4 

• Member No.: 396

i was a transfer student last year and got all my stuff in on time, but they over booked housing so they put a bunch of transfer students at the Holiday Inn in downtown and i didnt get notice of it until the week before classes started. so maybe they did it again this year and thats why you havnt recieved any information yet
+Reply
jifeqwik
post Aug 10 2006, 12:44 PM
Post #5 

• Advanced Member

QUOTE (Newbie @ Aug 10 2006, 12:15 PM) *
Have you tried looking up your information on the website? If not, just try it: http://bscintra.buffalostate.edu/rhino/

yes, i've tried it. it tells that my housing assignment has not been made yet.

and no, i didn't apply for housing late, but the residence life office lost my housing license due to some sort of mix up. they've found it now, but they still haven't given me a room assignment.
+Reply
paulk
post Aug 10 2006, 01:06 PM
Post #6 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Admin
  • Member No.: 182

have you tried contacting the Residence Life office directly?

Residence Life Office
Porter Hall
Buffalo State College
1300 Elmwood Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14222
(716) 878-3000
Fax: (716) 878-6000
reslife@buffalostate.edu

If they can't give you an answer, they may at least be able to explain the delay.
+Reply
jifeqwik
post Aug 10 2006, 01:33 PM
Post #7 

• Advanced Member

yeah, i have, that's how i know that they lost my housing license.

i'm just really frustrated with this. this information is stuff we all should have had weeks ago, and there's no excuse for not getting it done on time.
+Reply
LaChorty
post Aug 10 2006, 05:15 PM
Post #8 

• Member No.: 930

im also mad cause i too have not been assigned a room and im an incoming freshman..i called and all they told me was to keep checking on a daily bases to check if they assigned a room..but i asked them why havent i been assigned a room and all they said was that alot of ppl havent been assigned a room but all the ppl that i know who are also freshmans have gotten their rooms and everything...i just hope they do it fast cause i need to know these things...i move in the 21st for orientation...i need to calm down lol dry.gif
+Reply
WillieBounce
post Aug 10 2006, 05:50 PM
Post #9 

• Advanced Member
  • Member No.: 922

If you don't know by the time you move in for orientation, you can always go over to Residence Life and see if they've assigned you a room..
+Reply
jifeqwik
post Aug 11 2006, 01:25 PM
Post #10 

• Advanced Member

well, now they're telling me that i'll get my assignment some time next week.

that's what they've said to me for the past two weeks, and quite frankly, i'm fed up with it.
+Reply
WillieBounce
post Aug 11 2006, 01:35 PM
Post #11 

• Advanced Member

next week? that's cutting it close. call the residence life office and speak with the director and if you have to... get loud. if your at least 35 miles away from campus you are supposed to get a room.. even if it is in the hotel temporarily
+Reply
jifeqwik
post Aug 11 2006, 01:51 PM
Post #12 

• Advanced Member

i already called them today. that's when they said next week. believe me, i'm not happy about this and made this very clear.

this is gross incompetance on the part of the residence life office. they should have started processing this stuff months ago.

every student i know at other colleges had their housing assignment by the first week of july. august 1 should not have been a hard deadline to make by any means, yet it was not made.

at this point i'm just trying to find someone to complain to about the residence life office as a whole.

if i performed my job this poorly i would be fired for it.
+Reply
WillieBounce
post Aug 11 2006, 02:05 PM
Post #13 

• Advanced Member

I think the person who made our campus assignments' name is Curtis Brickhouse (I'm sure that's his last name). Hes the residence life director... have you spoken to him? How far away from the school are you? if your somewhere like Montana or Ohio or even the City of New York you are supposed to be guaranteed housing.
+Reply
jifeqwik
post Aug 11 2006, 02:37 PM
Post #14 

• Advanced Member

i'm in binghamton. about three and a half hours from buffalo.

they keep telling me that i'm guaranteed housing, but that doesn't mean a whole lot when since i still don't have it.

especially since not one thing they've told me so far has been accurate, or even close to it.

this is simply cutting it far too close already, and then i still have to keep waiting.
+Reply
jifeqwik
post Aug 11 2006, 02:50 PM
Post #15 

• Advanced Member

and according to the housing license only students who are required to live on campus are guaranteed housing.

students exempt from this (anyone over 21, for example, like myself) are guaranteed nothing.
+Reply
WillieBounce
post Aug 11 2006, 10:19 PM
Post #16 

• Advanced Member

I heard that if you don't have a room, they either create triples outta double rooms until they have the situation settled or they put students up in local hotels close by the school.

I'll be 21 next year (and for the record, I'm not 20yrs.. yet), I better be guaranteed some housing? If I don't get housing I'll be.. well, transferring to Binghamton or SUNYIT. I wonder exactly how many people are having this problem.. if it's a whole lot then I say go to the school reslife office if ur able and all complain at once and dont leave until they tell yall something that yall wanna hear and they prove that in writing or by, well, giving yall some sorta temp housing.
+Reply
jifeqwik
post Aug 11 2006, 11:04 PM
Post #17 

• Advanced Member

i'm sure i'll get something, but at the same time i'm crazy stressed out about this.

and for the record, i live in binghamton. you don't want to go there. the school is good, but the town is horrible. if you have any interests other than drinking, binghamton will not be able to accomodate them.
+Reply
WillieBounce
post Aug 12 2006, 12:01 AM
Post #18 

• Advanced Member

QUOTE (jifeqwik @ Aug 12 2006, 12:04 AM) *
i'm sure i'll get something, but at the same time i'm crazy stressed out about this.

and for the record, i live in binghamton. you don't want to go there. the school is good, but the town is horrible. if you have any interests other than drinking, binghamton will not be able to accomodate them.

i hope you do too cause if not then that's just f'd up to the 3rd degree.

thanks for the heads up.. binghapton is out then. there are other things to do with my time besides go glup glup glup all day long.
+Reply
Supamodelstats
post Aug 14 2006, 12:43 AM
Post #19 

• Member No.: 671

yeah im scared too. i still havent been assigned dormoritory .,..i dont wanna live in a hotel....i wanna be on campus...i hope everything works out.

Chantelle
+Reply
paulk
post Aug 14 2006, 08:24 AM
Post #20 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Admin
  • Member No.: 182

QUOTE (Supamodelstats @ Aug 14 2006, 01:43 AM) *
yeah im scared too. i still havent been assigned dormoritory .,..i dont wanna live in a hotel....i wanna be on campus...i hope everything works out.

I would urge anyone who has questions about their room assignments to contact the Residence Life Office:

Residence Life Office
Porter Hall
Buffalo State College
1300 Elmwood Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14222
(716) 878-3000
Fax: (716) 878-6000
reslife@buffalostate.edu

I don't work in their office, but I do understand how frustrated you are. This situation is common on college campuses, and colleges (including Buffalo State) make provisions for those students who have requested housing on campus.

I'm sorry that some of you are frustrated, but really: contact Residence Life if you want to take care of it. Complaining about it here isn't going to help, and certainly is not the focus of the board.

Thanks!
+Reply

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 04:23 PM