Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> pictures of dorms

Megan3
post Jan 24 2008, 12:45 PM
Post #1 

• Group: Members
  • Member No.: 12,438

I'm a prospective student and Buffalo State looks pretty good.
But I was just wondering does anyone have any pictures of the dorms? I would like to see how they look like before I visit.

"Don't listen to what anybody says except the people who encourage you. If it's what you want to do and it's within yourself, then keep going and try to do it for the rest of your life." - Jake Gyllenhaal
Go to the top of the page
+Reply
JAM
post Jan 24 2008, 01:00 PM
Post #2 

• Advanced Member
  • Member No.: 1,177

QUOTE (Megan3 @ Jan 24 2008, 12:45 PM) *
I'm a prospective student and Buffalo State looks pretty good.
But I was just wondering does anyone have any pictures of the dorms? I would like to see how they look like before I visit.

ever see a cardboard box on the side of the road?
+Reply
Keri
post Jan 26 2008, 09:02 PM
Post #3 

• Member No.: 3,542

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/ker...be/CIMG4319.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/ker...be/CIMG4322.jpg

This is my room in Perry. We rearranged it, so if you lived here you wouldn't see the desk up against that window. All I have to say is that I live in a triple and we all have plenty of room. We don't collide with each other and all of our items were never a problem. To say thats its a cardboard box on the side of the road really doesn't do much justice. It may look tiny but it's really not, we chill with four people plus the three room mates and its not a problem.

Nuemann is set up almost identical to Perry while Cassidy is probably the nicest one since its newly renovated; Porter seems to be a little bit smaller in room size but it has the most people in it. Its definitely a good idea to come see the rooms before choosing though. Any time someone asks about a dorm I suggest Perry because its closest to the gym and the union. So if you're looking to work out a lot it may be smart to move into Perry, because it does get real cold up here.
+Reply
Sierra08
post Jan 26 2008, 09:15 PM
Post #4 

• Advanced Member
  • Member No.: 12,408

QUOTE (Keri @ Jan 26 2008, 09:02 PM) *
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/ker...be/CIMG4319.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/ker...be/CIMG4322.jpg

This is my room in Perry. We rearranged it, so if you lived here you wouldn't see the desk up against that window. All I have to say is that I live in a triple and we all have plenty of room. We don't collide with each other and all of our items were never a problem. To say thats its a cardboard box on the side of the road really doesn't do much justice. It may look tiny but it's really not, we chill with four people plus the three room mates and its not a problem.

Nuemann is set up almost identical to Perry while Cassidy is probably the nicest one since its newly renovated; Porter seems to be a little bit smaller in room size but it has the most people in it. Its definitely a good idea to come see the rooms before choosing though. Any time someone asks about a dorm I suggest Perry because its closest to the gym and the union. So if you're looking to work out a lot it may be smart to move into Perry, because it does get real cold up here.

thats kinda big for 3 people, not alot of closet space though =/
thanx 4 the pics!
+Reply
mathgeni
post Jan 26 2008, 11:03 PM
Post #5 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Super Mods
  • Member No.: 1,009

QUOTE (Sierra08 @ Jan 26 2008, 09:15 PM) *
thanx 4 the pics!

yeah- there really is plenty of space in the dorms as long as people don't bring their whole rooms from home with them... it's when people don't pack intelligently that space becomes a problem...

my roommate and I both have our own refrigerators in the room and still have plenty of space... we have it so that we both have our refrigerators next to our bed right under the window with a dresser in the middle of them with the TV on top... leaves the whole middle of the room open

and i put my dresser up and in my closet area because i don't have anything to hang up so that gives me more space in my desk area so it isn't too crowded

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson
+Reply
Keri
post Jan 27 2008, 02:11 PM
Post #6 

• Member No.: 3,542

QUOTE (Sierra08 @ Jan 26 2008, 09:15 PM) *
thanx 4 the pics!

The closet space is more than in the picture, you have those two closets plus a big dresser that has the pole in it so you can hang things and then two big draws on the bottom. Plus in the closet on the right of the picture, theres that big dresser with five draws on it, theres a second one of those. It worked out well for us, no one is sharing anything with each other (except the desk).
+Reply
polkadots1375
post Mar 5 2008, 06:25 PM
Post #7 

• Member No.: 12,521

QUOTE (Keri @ Jan 27 2008, 02:11 PM) *
The closet space is more than in the picture, you have those two closets plus a big dresser that has the pole in it so you can hang things and then two big draws on the bottom. Plus in the closet on the right of the picture, theres that big dresser with five draws on it, theres a second one of those. It worked out well for us, no one is sharing anything with each other (except the desk).

i have a question im about to be a freshmen @ buff state in the fall and i am filling out the residence hall and meal plan application. yet i want to live in a suite- stye with the 3 to four people per room but im not sure if im allowed to if im a freshmen. http://www.buffalostate.edu/admissions/residencehalls.xml ( in the 3rd paragraph) but on the application my only options are double a single or double or single(moore complex) and i dont know which building offers the suites
+Reply
deg2800
post Mar 5 2008, 06:30 PM
Post #8 

• Advanced Member
  • Member No.: 349

That's some incorrect information they have there. Most suites are six people (three bed rooms with two people each and a common room + bath). As a freshman it is doubtful that you'd end up in a suite, though it's not unheard of. But it is more likely that you would be in a corridor-style situation which is where most freshmen are placed (such as Porter, Perry, and Newmann).
+Reply
Pettjm54
post Mar 6 2008, 09:14 PM
Post #9 

• Advanced Member
  • Member No.: 12,447

QUOTE (deg2800 @ Mar 5 2008, 06:30 PM) *
That's some incorrect information they have there. Most suites are six people (three bed rooms with two people each and a common room + bath). As a freshman it is doubtful that you'd end up in a suite, though it's not unheard of. But it is more likely that you would be in a corridor-style situation which is where most freshmen are placed (such as Porter, Perry, and Newmann).

The information isnt incorrect, you simply mis-read it. "Three to four student rooms..."
The three student rooms is 3-double rooms (6 people total) These are found in the Towers.
The four student rooms is 4-double rooms (8 people total) These are found in North Wing.

Also, yes as a freshman it is doubtful you will be placed in a suite style residence hall. Unless you are an honors student, a music major, an international student, or a native american student. In those cases you will be placed in North Wing.
+Reply
Greg
post Mar 7 2008, 11:13 PM
Post #10 

• Member No.: 365

These are pictures of the on-campus apartments taken by the school photographer Bruce Fox

[img]http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/5103/48646317wp3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/4923/71166527no4.jpg[/img]

btw, who is that sexy man reading the paper??
+Reply
dairyqueen15
post Apr 1 2008, 01:02 PM
Post #11 

• Member No.: 4,394

QUOTE (Pettjm54 @ Mar 6 2008, 10:14 PM) *
The information isnt incorrect, you simply mis-read it. "Three to four student rooms..."
The three student rooms is 3-double rooms (6 people total) These are found in the Towers.
The four student rooms is 4-double rooms (8 people total) These are found in North Wing.

Also, yes as a freshman it is doubtful you will be placed in a suite style residence hall. Unless you are an honors student, a music major, an international student, or a native american student. In those cases you will be placed in North Wing.

yes those roomed are "offered" to students...but those who usually get them are people who join groups. groups can be anything from just friends to a fraternity and soriety all depending on housing points. those with the most housing points will actually have those "special" types of suites. so yes it is very well possible that you may end up in the towers, but with the powers that may be you will end up in one of the freshmen dorms. if you don't like all that much and you make a friend in north wing or the towers you can possibly to a room change. but for a freshmen i would advise you to stay in perry, porter, or neuman just so you can easily network and meet new people.
+Reply
Pettjm54
post Apr 2 2008, 08:48 AM
Post #12 

• Advanced Member
  • Member No.: 12,447

QUOTE (dairyqueen15 @ Apr 1 2008, 01:02 PM) *
yes those roomed are "offered" to students...but those who usually get them are people who join groups. groups can be anything from just friends to a fraternity and soriety all depending on housing points. those with the most housing points will actually have those "special" types of suites. so yes it is very well possible that you may end up in the towers, but with the powers that may be you will end up in one of the freshmen dorms. if you don't like all that much and you make a friend in north wing or the towers you can possibly to a room change. but for a freshmen i would advise you to stay in perry, porter, or neuman just so you can easily network and meet new people.

If the group is eligible to get in North Wing that is..not meaning housing points, but that actual criteria for North Wing ie honors program etc..
+Reply

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 03:27 PM