Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Deadline For Withdrawal From Course Or Application For Pass/Fail Is April 3
post Mar 19 2009, 07:33 PM
Post #1 

  • Guests

The deadline to submit a Withdrawal from Course Form or an Application for Pass/Fail is Friday April 3. Policies for both Pass/Fail and Withdrawal from Course are copied below from the 2007-2009 Undergraduate Catalog.

Pass-Fail Option The pass-fail option permits any matriculated student who has accrued at least 15 credit hours and a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 to take a course for credit without receiving a letter grade of A, B, C, D, or E. Students may enroll in one course each semester or summer on a pass-fail basis. All sessions combined make up the summer semester. A P grade provides credit but no quality points and is not counted in total hours used to determine cumulative average. An F grade is treated as a failure although the hours are not used in computing the cumulative average. A pass-fail credit may be applied toward a degree. Courses required for the student’s major and minor cannot be taken on a pass-fail basis. Courses taken as part of early childhood and childhood education program concentrations and distributions may not be taken pass-fail. Any course, except English composition 100-level courses and those required for completion of a major or a minor, may be taken on a pass-fail basis. Students must declare their intention to do so by the end of the 10th week of classes in any semester or after two-thirds of a summer session or intersemester. After receiving the approval signature of the student’s adviser, a declaration of intent must be filed with the Registrar’s Office, Moot Hall, by the published deadline. An instructor may choose to substitute a letter grade for the pass if written consent from the student is received and the form is submitted prior to the end of the semester. Once an application for pass-fail has been submitted, the pass-fail option for that semester has been exhausted. Subsequent filing of a substitution form to receive a letter grade does not allow submission of another pass-fail application for that semester. Students may not use pass-fail to repeat a course for which a grade of C- or below was earned. Note: Students are cautioned that the amount of pass-fail work permitted may jeopardize their chances for admission to graduate or professional school or for career placement.

Withdrawal from Courses Instructors are required to notify students of their academic standing no later than the end of the ninth week of the semester, or after two-thirds of a summer session or intersemester. If a student does not officially withdraw from a course and stops attending, a grade of E will be recorded. Students who wish to leave a course after the drop/add period and before the final withdrawal date (the end of the 10th week of the semester, or after two-thirds of a summer session or intersemester) may file withdrawal forms signed by the appropriate instructor or designee. Nonattendance at the first class meeting does not withdraw a student from a class. Students withdrawing from some coursework may be eligible for a refund in accordance with the college refund schedule, which is posted each term at www.buffalostate.edu/studentaccounts. Beyond the end of the refund schedule’s time limit, full charges are assessed. Student-teaching courses have different deadlines. Students should check with their departments. Withdrawals remain on the transcript and are recorded as W’s, but do not count in credit hours or GPAs. Withdrawal from a course may affect eligibility for financial aid in the current semester and in future semesters. For additional information about financial aid eligibility, refer to the financial aid section of this catalog, or online at www.buffalostate.edu/financialaid.

Go to the top of the page

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:


Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2017 - 12:58 AM