Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Financial Aid and Deposit?

Campeasy
post Aug 18 2011, 11:14 AM
Post #1 

• Group: Members
  • Member No.: 23,822

Before I ask, please do not judge me for not taking care of this sooner!

But, I will be recieving financial aid, and have been given my roomates and my housing assignment alreday. The thing is I have not paid the $200 deposit. I have the money but when I called the ResLife office they told me that the fee will be deffered and then put on my total bill and to not worry. But when I asked someone else in the ResLife office they replyed that it could not be covered by financial aid. I am very confused and do not want to spend this money now, as I have other bills, blah blah blah, all I want to know is if, as a freshman, im safe to not send the money and cover it with financial aid AND there will be no problems on my move in date.
Go to the top of the page
+Reply
fritter
post Aug 18 2011, 12:40 PM
Post #2 

• Advanced Member
  • Member No.: 4,334

One of my years dorming, I did not give in the housing deposit, because of financial issues. I was worried that I would lose my hosing spot and have no where to live. I called in August to make sure I had a room, and I did. I never paid the deposit and the full dorm price was put on my bill and paid for with financial aid. This happened last august and I had no problem, so I think you should be fine.
+Reply
k2fight
post Sep 18 2013, 03:41 AM
Post #3 

• Member No.: 77,638

UT offers direct deposit for your excess financial aid . The funds are sent to your designated account. Financial aid to your bank account is available to all financial aid including Direct .

Stay up to date on Jiu Jitsu and gi’s on K2 Fight Gear Blog
+Reply

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2017 - 02:20 PM